Saturday, May 20, 2017

BRIGG BOUTIQUE CELEBRATES 10-YEAR ANNIVERSARY


FROM THE KENNEDI BOUTIQUE, MARKET PLACE

It's been 10 years since ladies'  boutique Kennedi opened in Brigg and owner Aimee Waudby (pictured) held a celebratory event to say thank you to Kennedi's customers who have continued to support the boutique through the last decade.
Aimee said: "Kennedi opened its door in May 2007 after I had moved to the local area and realised there was a lack of modern boutiques offering something different to the high street. I had always worked within the retail business I wanted to take the next step of running my own boutique.  A building presented itself in Brigg and I couldn't resist the opportunity as it had lots of charm and character and was situated in a great location, however it was virtually derelict at the time! After two months of intense labour, my husband managed to bring the building to life and I spent my time travelling to source suitable collections for its opening. We stock labels such as Hugo Boss, Isay, Sandwich and Elsa Caveletti.
Within six months we were expanding into the empty shop next door, giving us the much needed floor space for more collections and despite the recession hitting in 2008, the business has continued to grow. In 2008 we launched a website and we now supply customers across the UK and worldwide. Over the past few years I have definitely seen an increase in the footfall in Brigg, the local council have been hugely supportive of independent businesses and initiatives like the free parking and the investment to Ancholme Valley Way, not to mention the farmers markets and cafe culture have definitely brought more people to the town.
I have taken great satisfaction at seeing Kennedi grow into a well supported local business with customers who are like friends to us now. Our customers tell us that they are grateful that a little shop in Brigg can offer the kind of labels they normally would travel for, alongside a friendly face and honest advice, which is great to hear. I can't believe how quickly the last ten years has gone by,  I know I am very lucky to be doing something I am passionate about and I'm excited to be bringing in some new labels for autumn."

NF ADDS: We were happy to accept a kind invitation to attend a celebratory event on Wednesday evening at the boutique, which is near the County Bridge.




No comments: