Tuesday, February 03, 2015

NEW LORD-LIEUTENANT OF LINCOLNSHIRE


Her Majesty The Queen has appointed Toby Dennis (above) as the next Lord-Lieutenant of Lincolnshire - on the retirement of Tony Worth CVO on 23 February.
Toby Dennis (60) has run a range of family businesses in Lincolnshire, including farming and land management, for the last 40 years.  He is Honorary Colonel of The Lincolnshire Army Cadet Force, a member of Lincoln Cathedral Fabric Fund Committee, a patron of the Lincolnshire Rural Support Network and a former member of the committee of the Lincolnshire Branch of Country Land and Business Association.   He served as High Sheriff of the County in 2013-14.  He lives near Lincoln with his wife, Sarah, a daughter and twin sons.
Toby Dennis said: "The role of the Lord-Lieutenant is one that I have respected with due reverence to its importance within the County.  To be able to be Her Majesty’s representative is, of course, most humbling and a great honour.  I am following in the footsteps of Tony Worth who has carried through his time in office dignity and devotion which I hope I can emulate.
Tony Worth said: "It has been my honour, privilege and pleasure to be the Lord-Lieutenant of this historic county.  My wife, Jenny, and I have been received with such genuine warmth and pleasantness wherever we have been that we have always felt welcome.  Whether the occasion was a Royal visit, a reception, an award presentation, a dinner or lunch, a visit to a factory, a military establishment or voluntary organisation, where those who run them are largely unrecognised heroes.  I am delighted that Toby Dennis will be taking on the role of Lord-Lieutenant on my retirement. The county will remember him from his recent tenure as High Sheriff.  He will perform the role with enthusiasm and dignity, and will be well supported by his wife, Sarah.  I wish them both well."


No comments: