Friday, September 06, 2013

BRIGG MAN SWIMMING THE HUMBER TOMORROW


Brigg man Mark Bird will be undertaking an epic sponsored swim of the River Humber  for charity tomorrow (Saturday September 7).
Mark told Brigg Blog today: "Preparations for the swim are going very well and support for the Macmillan cause has been fantastic. It is anticipated my original target of £1000 will be surpassed by as much as £1500 due to the generosity of family friends and the general public at large. My wife Wendy and others have secured permits to collect on Macmillan's behalf dressed as pirates whilst awaiting my return to Cleethorpes leisure centre and it seems likely the Black Bull will become home to quite a sizable celebration on Saturday evening. 
"It will, ultimately, come down to weather but things are looking good enough to make a swim attempt at the moment. I am in constant contact with Mr Peter Winchester my friend swim partner and river pilot on the day whom remains very confident in my ability to cross the river despite slightly unsettled conditions predicted for today."
Read all about Mark's challenge through this link






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Following a recent communication from Peter Winchester, I'm very happy to confirm THE SWIM IN GOING AHEAD AS PLANNED !!!!!

Thank you for all the good wishes donations and assistance offered throughout my preparation for the swim....Please feel free drop into the Black Bull in Brigg on Saturday Evening to say hello...we'll be pleased to see everyone..

Unknown said...

Following a recent communication from Peter Winchester, I'm very happy to confirm THE SWIM IN GOING AHEAD AS PLANNED !!!!!

Thank you for all the good wishes donations and assistance offered throughout my preparation for the swim....Please feel free drop into the Black Bull in Brigg on Saturday Evening to say hello...we'll be pleased to see everyone..