Monday, August 19, 2013

UPDATE ON BRIGG MAN MARK BIRD'S HUMBER SWIM IN SEPTEMBER

RECEIVED FROM MARK BIRD

Hello guys and gals...it's time to make last minute decisions about the day's itinerary with regard to my Macmillan swim so people know what we are doing and where they can come say hello if they feel so inclined.
10:30 am I Leave Grimsby Royal Dock on Voortrekker en route to Spurn.
12:00 Wendy will arrive at Cleethorpes Leisure centre and set up camp.
13:45 I set off from Spurn for the south bank after clearance by Humber VTS
16:30 +/-
I arrive(hopefully) on the south bank record official time and set off for beach near Cleethorpes leisure centre to end my swim and offend the populous by parading around in my little black peedos hat and goggles.
18:30
re enter Royal Dock on Voortrekker.
20:00
Arrive at Black Bull, Brigg .

Please consider time in the water isn't exact due to weather and sea conditions on the day but i will do my level best to keep on track.

Thank you again for your continued support of our efforts, generosity has been fantastic and wishes for my success have been very touching.Wendy is hoping people will join us at the Black Bull where Amber Smith and Richard Smith have very generously offered to make some sandwiches and will welcome our crowd. It would be very helpful if interested parties could let us know if they intend to come to the Bull so Amber and Rick mite have an idea of numbers.

I'd like to thank, once again,everyone for continued support not least Wendy who has had to endure my irregular training regime over many months and worked to make the swim come together. Thanks also to my very dear friend/ mentor Pete HUMBERKING Winchester for his invaluable support, guidance and friendship. Peter has donated his time and cover boat free of charge for my swim.

All that remains is for me to get in, get comfortable and get over the river to family and friends who have all made valuable contribution towards my success....I shall try not to let you down

No comments: