Sunday, November 28, 2010

'WOOD' YOU ADAM AND EVE IT?


We spied John The Joiner's van yesterday parked near Lidl's Brigg store.
Double-click on the image for a closer look at the lettering.
Clearly, he's a fan of hit TV comedy Only Fools and Horses, although this is no yellow three-wheeler as used by Del Boy and Rodney. Trotters' Independent Traders, of course, claimed to have branches in New York, Paris and Peckham, rather than Wrawby. Bob The Builder, the children's TV favourite, also gets a mention on the back of the van. How long it's been around the Brigg area we can't say.
"All right, John, got a new motor?" might be a fair question. How many people remember the Alexi Sayle song?

5 comments:

Ken Harrison said...

I doubled-clicked, Nige - I was wondering were me girlfriend, Barbie has got to. Send her my love, Ken xxx

NIGEL FISHER said...

Are you making reference to the Only Fools and Horses episode where the blow-up doll appeared in the back window of the Trotters' van?

Ken Harrison said...

Nah!
Look in the left rear window, Nige.....he's nicked me Barbie!!

Have you also noticed the 'Bob the Builder' notation above the window, Scribs?

gmsmith said...

A closer look reveals Iggle Piggle and Shaun The Sheep with Barbie .

Arn't grandchildren wonderful; , they open up a whole new vocabulary.

Michael said...

I know of a builder who's business is called "milk no sugar"
Slightly cheeky but everyone laughs.
I must take a pic and post it myself LOL