Monday, April 06, 2009

GOLDEN CHOICE


Ancholme Mews, on Bigby Street, Brigg, has seen the first people move into their new homes and settle in to the delights of the retirement living lifestyle.
Since opening its doors with a stunning ceremony in summer 2008, Ancholme Mews has become a popular and elegant place to retire in the sought after location of Brigg, Lincolnshire.
The first resident to make the move into the Golden Living retirement development is Mrs Hague who believes that the move has given her a new lease of life in retirement, "I love living here at Ancholme Mews, everyone is so friendly and there's so much going on. I moved from a traditional residential area where everyone went to work during the day so there were never many people around."
Companionship and activities are among the many attractions of a Golden Living apartment that residents find appealing and is certainly something that Mrs Hague can identify with, "I was the first person to move in but there are now quite a few of us and we have coffee mornings every Wednesday. I have also joined the local Women’s Institute, so I have quite a busy life here."
Many people have chosen to move into a Golden Living retirement apartment because of the excellent location. Brigg is a bustling and vibrant town, famous for its farmers’ markets, colourful summer events and gentle riverside walks.
The location and easy access to amenities near the development was a major factor in Mrs Hague's decision to move, "We had been looking at bungalows in Scunthorpe but the Golden Living apartments were much more appealing as they are so close to Brigg town centre. You can walk to the shops from the development and there are cafes to stop at. It is only a short walk to the doctors as well."
Mrs Hague was sure she wanted to move to Ancholme Mews from a very early stage: " My son and I came to look around the development when it was still being built. As I was on crutches we couldn’t look around the apartments properly but I chose the one I liked from the plans, I have a lovely 2 bedroom apartment.”
Perhaps one of the biggest contributory factors in people choosing a retirement apartment is the ability to downsize and take away the pressures of living in a large, high-maintenance home. Mrs Hague appreciates these difficulties, "My old house had a large garden and it is a blessing to not have to worry about that now. I used to have a gardener that came over every two weeks but the garden soon became overgrown."
Mrs Hague has also taken the time to carefully decorate the apartment to her taste and is pleased with the results of her new home, "I kept some furniture but my son and daughter told me I had to be quite strict with only taking things that I really needed. Mainly I wanted to bring a lot of my late husband’s books, so I have turned the second bedroom into a study and I have a big bookcase with all my favourite books and photographs on."
Ancholme Mews offers 39 one bedroom and 14 two bedroom apartments while also offering a residents' lounge and a comfortable guest suite for family and friends. Security is a top priority at Golden Living and safety features include CCTV, 24 hour Careline and a resident estate manager.
Landscaped gardens complete this delightful development that is now Mrs Hague's home and she is looking forward to more people joining her in the development, "I would love my friends to move in here with me. Some of them have been for a tour of the show apartments and are very impressed."
For further information or comment on Golden Living please contact Jenny Walkinshaw at And Partners. Tel: 0161 237 1573.

Our picture shows (left to right) Mrs Haigh, Golden Living ambassador and famous actress Wendy Craig, and Patricia Hulbert inside the Golden Living development last year.

No comments: